While your Realtor® will be with you during closing, it doesn’t hurt to have a good idea of what you can expect from the process.
Here’s what you need to do the day before closing:
- Double-check the time and date of closing, and make sure you know where to go.
- Get certified funds to bring to closing.
- Check with your lender to make sure there aren’t any outstanding conditions to your loan.
- Arrange for utilities to be turned on under your name in the new house.
On the day of closing:
- Bring your current ID card. Some lenders also require a second form of ID, so bring one just to be safe.
- Bring your spouse if you have one.
- Bring a copy of your insurance policy.
- Make sure you receive all disclosures and test results that you arranged for prior to closing.
- Review all of the loan charges and the rest of the financial paperwork.
- Review the deed to make sure that it matches the name on the mortgage.
Because your real estate agent is going to be with you when you close, you don’t have to worry about too much. As long as you have the proper documents and you’ve been listening to your Realtor’s® advice, you’ll be in great shape when closing day arrives.
Let’s Find a Visalia Home for You