While your Realtor® will be with you during closing, it doesn’t hurt to have a good idea of what you can expect from the process.
Here’s what you need to do the day before closing:
- Double-check the time and date of closing, and make sure you know where to go.
- Get certified funds to bring to closing.
- Check with your lender to make sure there aren’t any outstanding conditions to your loan.
- Arrange for utilities to be turned on under your name in the new house.
On the day of closing:
- Bring your current ID card. Some lenders also require a second form of ID, so bring one